Friday 13 September 2013

A Friday Ramble

Well it's been a week of change here. I guess you could say that this week in addition to having 2 kids in school (kindergarten and preschool) I've also made the transition from stay-at-home mom to work-from-home mom. I know you're probably thinking it's a pretty subtle change and since I've been running my etsy shop for almost 18 months now I guess it is, but the mindset has changed. For the first time in over 5 years I have goals that are only mine and I'm kind of enjoying it.

I really struggled with the decision to enrol my youngest in a full time program, but he is happy and challenged and with week 1 behind us, I think it was the right choice for him. Did you send your kids to preschool? or keep them with you until they were school age?

On the sewing front, I can't believe the productivity when it's just me and the sewing machine in daylight hours. Of course I've been having so much fun trying out new patterns for my shop that I've fallen behind on the photography....but hey, that's what Monday's for!

Anyhow, because I don't really have photo's of my own projects I thought I'd share a few pinterest finds that have inspired me this week:


 
I love the patchwork denim! I think for a bean bag cover or floor cushion in a teen or soon to be teen's room they would look amazing and wear beautifully. I feel an upcycle project coming on!
 
 
 
It was such a fall feeling day that these coasters are just the perfect addition to a cup of warm apple cider, a good book and maybe the first fire of the season.
  
Want to see what else I found on Pinterest? find me at www.pinterest.com/threadbykristen

Have a happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment