Thursday 17 May 2012

Reno week

A quiet blogging week has made for a very productive sewing week. I think I'm in part motivated by my husbands efforts as he renovates our main floor powder room. Nothing like someone else being busy to get you to keep going just a little bit longer. But now I also have lots of lovely photos to share.


I love the distracted model! Elmo was on and I think she would have stood there with that cushion for hours if I would just leave it on. I found this tutorial a while back over at Living with Punks and I was so happy to finally have fabric and time to make one. I made mine 19" instead of 17" since I was only making one to start and there are 2 tiny bottoms to fit.


It's a great tutorial and if you have little people like mine (always on the move) they seem to love having a seat that travels.

Next on my list of projects was finishing a playmat I had started in March for a new arrival. I'm pretty pleased with how it's turned out.



This was a really new project for me. I've only been sewing for the past 8 months and usually from patterns, or at least with instructions. This one was my first "unguided" project. I can't wait to make another one and hopefully improve my process.

I also finished a pair of sailor pants for my daughter. I'm not pleased with the fit so I haven't taken photos yet. I'm hopeful that inspiration will strike and I will be able to fix them....stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment